The REPs Ireland Council has been established by Ireland Active, to oversee and support the function of the Register of Exercise Professionals Ireland (REPs Ireland).
The specific role of the council is to inform the setting of policy and standards in relation to professional registration, provide advice in regard to industry trends, needs and opportunities that will enhance professional and industry development.
The 9 person council is comprised of a nominated Chairperson, with 8 members having been appointed through an open application process in 2015:
- Michael Harrison, Waterford IT (Chairperson)
- Shirley O'Shea, HSE
- Claire McIntosh, Gym Plus
- Michael McGeehin, Coaching Ireland
- Teresa Richardson, Tralee IT
- Niamh Foley, Athlone IT
- Maeve Clegg, Crumlin College
- Joe O'Connor, Nisus Fitness
- Mairead Rooney, National Sports Campus