Before REPS Ireland , employers found it hard to understand what a fitness professional was qualified to do which made recruitment of the right staff a difficult undertaking.
REPS Ireland brings clarity to the plethora of qualifications in the sector and employers can be assured that REPS Ireland registered fitness professionals have the appropriate knowledge and skills for the job they have employed them to do.
A properly qualified and registered workforce of fitness professionals with the skills and competences to do the job improves business performance and staff / member retention. It is also very important for insurance purposes and in case of litigation.
The Register creates a framework of career progression pathways for instructors. This framework which is transparent and visual forms an incentive for instructors to progress through the levels from EQF level 3 Gym and/or Exercise to Music and/or Aqua to EQF Level 4 Personal Trainer. This means that the workforce standards are raised and instructors can deal with more of the population.
The Register also creates trust and respect for the sector as a recognised ‘profession’ this means that allied occupations e.g. medical profession are more likely to refer to registered professionals and employers can engage with this new market of potential clients
Current principle objectives
- Raise the standards, qualifications and skills of exercise professionals in Ireland across all disciplines, working with a diverse range of users
- Establish registration as a pre-requisite for working in the industry and a commitment to ongoing continuing professional development into the framework of self-regulation
- Enforce that all members of the REPS Ireland have the skills, knowledge and competencies (including adequate public liability insurance which is offered through REPS Ireland as well) to fulfil their role and safeguard the interests of the public who use their services
- Support employers to deliver high standards of service to their customers, providing safe and effective exercise to a wide range of individuals
- Raise the profile of REPS Ireland across the industry and amongst policy makers, medical profession and the wider public to develop brand awareness and promote the resources of the organisation
To contact us and find out more on how REPS Ireland may support your business